This training is intended for workers wishing to comply with the legislation concerning the information system on hazardous materials used at work (WHMIS).
- Recognize the different WHMIS labels.
- Be able to identify the dangers and risks related to hazardous materials used at work: recognize the meaning of the WHMIS pictograms.
- Be able to use material safety data sheets.
- Develop safe work methods and procedures.
- Reduce work accidents and occupational diseases related to the use of hazardous materials in the workplace.
- Know the proper techniques for using portable fire extinguishers.
- The legal obligations of the supplier of hazardous materials and the employer.
- The characteristics of WHMIS labels.
- The meaning of the WHMIS pictograms.
- Description of the different sections of the MSDS.
- The fire triangle and the means of extinction.
- The different types of portable fire extinguishers.
- Good techniques for using portable fire extinguishers.